Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Visitors.

What a crazy past few weeks! Had 14 days of straight visitors here in Prague! First had a friend from London in over Easter weekend. Easter in Prague is a HUGE deal. My roommate Brooke made a big Easter feast for our whole flat and it was amazing! The weather was amazing and having visitors means I get to go see all of the amazing things this city has to offer that I forget to appreciate during our busy school weeks!

After that visit, my mom and Nanny came! They got here on a Friday and we woke up early Saturday morning to catch the train to Salzburg. What a beautiful city! We had some pretty rainy and cold weather while we were there but we were just happy to be together that it was still great. We did the Sound of Music tour while we were there which although isn't my first choice normally, I really enjoyed because we got a chance to see the countryside! We got back to Prague late Monday night. We then spent the next few days enjoying all this amazing city has to offer. The castle, Old Town, Wenceslas, Petrin Hill, lots of eating and even more shopping. I've never met two ladies who love to shop more. We stayed busy with a perfect balance of relaxing and taking it all in. I was so sad to see them off however before they were even gone I got my third set of visitors!

Mike and Lisa arrived on Friday afternoon! We all got to have dinner Friday night before my mom and Nanny had to head back to Texas. :( Mike, Lisa and my friend Lauren and I enjoyed Saturday walking around Prague and trying to squeeze a lot in with only a short period of time! Mike and Lisa headed out Sunday morning to continue their Eurotrip 2012 on a bike and boat trip up the Danube river. After some sneaky convincing from those two myself and three friends will now be meeting them in Munich, Germany this weekend! I was relieved I didn't have to say my final goodbyes last weekend. Looking forward to get a chance to experience Munich, as it's in Bavaria which is much different from Berlin!

Monday was the one month mark before I head home. I have said this all along, but it is such a bittersweet feeling. I am not looking forward to leaving the most amazing adventure of my entire life, however I am missing all my peeps back home so much! Not to mention my beautifully, pregnant sister! When I get home we have just about a month left before the little one comes! I know I'll be sad for this experience to be over however there is so much to look forward to this summer as well. 

Just trying to make sure I make the most of the last month here! Headed to Munich this weekend, London the next weekend, then 2 of my wonderful friends from home come for a weekend, then one last weekend and I'm Michigan bound! Too crazy for words.