Monday, May 14, 2012

Countdown.

The countdown has officially begun, 9 days until I return home. The word bittersweet has never resonated so deeply with my before now. I feel silly for complaining that I have to leave Prague to go home to my amazing friends and family who I've missed so much these past 4 months. However, I have been blessed with such an amazing study abroad experience it's hard to say I'm ready to go home!

In the past 4 months I have met some of the most amazing people, visited unbelievable places, learned so much and had more fun than I ever thought possible. I feel like I should just become a study abroad advocate for the rest of my life because I'm worried I may never stop being obsessed with this experience. When I think back to the period of time when I was deciding if this was something I wanted to do and then almost backing out and not coming it makes me laugh because I can't imagine not doing this.

I feel a bit snobby when I talk about Prague to people I meet now. I have such a bias, I don't think anyone should ever study abroad anywhere else. Last weekend I had two American friends in town visiting. I felt like I was trying to sell them to love this city as much as I do. Thankfully it wasn't difficult because Prague is SO amazing. ;) I know without a doubt I will return here someday and relive all the amazing memories and experiences I have had.

Last weekend as I was floating down the Vlatva river on a grill boat in 85 degree weather with some of my closest friends I couldn't help but think how I never want to go home. Obviously I am so excited to see everyone and have some of the luxuries of home back, like a bed that I can actually fit in, but I just still feel like I have so much I want to do and see. I think that's mostly because this experience has broadened my horizons so much! I can't get enough of traveling and seeing new places. I am so thankful that I now will make that a possibility for myself rather than make excuses of why I don't have the time or money to do it.

9 days and I'm back home! I wasn't sure I was going to make it through these 4 months before I arrived and now I am 100% not ready to leave!

-Molly Jayne